I'm not usually one to promote commercial webinars on this site... in fact, I don't think I've ever done it before. But I'll make an exception for Ragan's "WordPress blogging for business" webinar coming up October 21, 2010, from 2-3:15 US Central time.
Why? Two reasons:
- I'm a huge fan of WordPress, have built Voxeo's multi-blog portal on WordPress and maintain a blog about using WordPress for business.
- Because I'm a heavy user of WordPress, I want more people to use WordPress for business... the more business users of WordPress there are, the more plugins will be written that are business-focused, the more tips will be shared, the more consultants will be able to specialize... etc, etc.... it's one of those opportunities like the Apache web server where all win by the collective usage and sharing.
So I applaud Ragan for running this webinar. It's not free, but at $99 it's not expensive, either. The agenda also look great:
- Use the right strategy to name the blog—using a subdomain or a separate URL
- Install WordPress software using WordPress.com or Wordpress.org
- Customize your blog's settings and create various user profiles
- Find the best plugins for your blog's needs
- Create your keyword publishing guide through search optimization strategies for blogging
- Design a publishing calendar to keep your blog relevant, interesting and useful
- Establish and publish a blog comment moderation policy
- Know how and when to participate as publisher and commenter
- Sprinkle social media content throughout the blog
- Use Google Analytics to measure blog traffic and activity
If I were giving this webinar that is the kind of agenda I'd choose.
Now, I'm going out on a limb here a bit as I don't know the presenter, Pete Codella... I've never heard him before and so I have no idea how good he may or may not be. Ragan is NOT a non-profit, though... they need to keep their lights on, so I'm going to assume that Monsieur Codella is a good presenter.. his bio seems solid, too.
Anyway... if you are interested in potentially using WordPress for your blog site, do check out this webinar.
Disclosure: I have NO financial connection to Ragan Communications and they have no clue that I am writing this post. I should note, though, that they are one of the sponsors of the "For Immediate Release" podcast to which I contribute weekly reports. I do not, however, receive any financial compensation for my involvement with FIR. I just think this is a cool webinar that Ragan is offering.
If you found this post interesting or useful, please consider either: