What is the impact of "duplicate content" on the search engine ranking of your web content? What are the different ways you can wind up with duplicate content? And perhaps most importunely, how can you correct the issue?
Over at the SEOmoz "Daily SEO Blog", Dr. Pete has written a truly MUST-READ piece for anyone working with web content:
It is a LONG, comprehensive piece that explains how Google's recent "Panda" update impacts scoring of "duplicate content" and what you can do about it. He covers:
- What is Duplicate Content?
- Why Do Duplicates Matter?
- Three Kinds of Duplicates
- Tools for Fixing Duplicates
- Examples of Duplicate Content
- Which URL is Canonical?
- Tools for Diagnosing Duplicates
The article has a great series of examples and links out to all sorts of resources to learn more. Although SEO has been part of what I've done for many years, I definitely learned a few new things from this piece. It's definitely worth a read!
Kudos to "Dr. Pete" for writing - and sharing - such a useful piece.
If you found this post interesting or useful, please consider either:
- following me on Twitter;
- adding me to a circle on Google+;
- subscribing to my email newsletter; or
- subscribing to the RSS feed.