Now you may be saying to yourself: "WHAT video promotion?" Well, if you haven't been following the work of the DataPortability.org project, earlier this month they launched a video conversation/promotion effort where they are asking people to record a video answer 5 questions:
- What does DataPortability mean to you?
- How do you imagine DataPortability might change the way you use the web?
- How would you explain the value of DataPortability to Vendors - those that store the data.
- How would you explain the value of DataPortability to Users - those that create and own the data.
- Ideally, what would you like to see from the DataPortability Project in the next 12 months? 24 months?
The original deadine was today, February 20th, but, as previously mentioned, it's now been extended to March 31st. People are asked to upload a video to any of the video sharing sites with the tag "dataportabilityandme". Some results on YouTube are visible with the tag "dataportabilityandme" and also "dataportablity". Others are appearing on blip.tv, seesmic and also on private blogs. Here's one that I particularly enjoyed:
What do you want in the way of data portability on the Internet? Why don't you join the conversation?
P.S. And yes, I will be doing so soon...